Bates Weston recognise that our staff are central to the success of our business, and we understand that today’s trainees are tomorrow’s managers. We make every effort to recognise talent and develop strengths and our training programme gives you the opportunity to attain a professional qualification, recognised worldwide, and begin a rewarding career as a successful Chartered Accountant.
Who are we looking for?
Are you in your final year at university and thinking about your next move?
Bates Weston gives graduates the opportunity to begin a fulfilling and rewarding career as a Chartered Accountant. Our training and development programme will help you to achieve your full potential at senior levels within our business. If you feel a career in accountancy is for you, in a supportive and progressive company and you have achieved or will achieve a minimum of a 2:1 classification in an accounting degree or similar relevant business degree and have 3 A levels together with GCSE maths and English at grade 8 or above( previously GCSE grade B or above), apply online now.
You may choose to start your career straight after A -levels and work towards a professional qualification whilst in employment. Bates Weston regularly has trainee opportunities for A - level students. If you expect to achieve 3 A- levels and have at least 5 GCSE passes a grade 7 or above (previously GCSE grade C or above) including maths and English at grade 8 or above (previously GCSE grade B or above), or the equivalent qualifications, then apply online now.
Our training programme and the trainee role
The Training Programme
Bates Weston training programme is one of the most successful accountancy training programmes in the area.
Trainees study the ACA professional qualification, which is recognised worldwide and is achieved by completing a training contract for a minimum of 3 years and attending tuition and revision courses at a local tuition centre, passing exams and applying the learning in the workplace. Please visit the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) website for further details (www.icaew.com)
The Bates Weston training programme includes:
- Approved Training contract with ICAEW
- In-house training and support from a dedicated mentor system
- Financial support for professional studies and paid study leave
In addition all staff at Bates Weston can enjoy:
- A competitive salary
- Excellent holiday entitlement, Company Pension and Life Assurance
The Trainee Role
The Trainee role can be split into a number of steps. As you achieve each step, you progress to the next ultimately attaining the ACA qualification.
- Step 1: Learn the basics - Through our dedicated mentoring system and one to one training, you will learn the principles of accounting
- Step 2: Join a Relationship Team - You will join a team, visit clients and work on assignments as directed by the Manager in your team
- Step 3: Professional studies will start - You will enter into an approved training agreement and start working towards your professional qualification
- Step 4: Attend Tuition and Revision Courses - You will attend a tuition centre, studying the ACA qualification
- Step 5: Sit and Pass exams
- Step 6: Work on assignments allocated by your team - When you are not at the tuition centre you will work on assignments in your team, visiting clients and working in the office which gives you the opportunity to put all your learning into practice
- Step 7: Pass final exams and become a qualified Chartered Accountant
If you would like to apply for a position with us please fill out the online application form below and then click Submit: