You only sell your business once and preparation is everything. Finding the right advisors, those who understand you and your business with a track record for delivering a successful sale is crucial.
At Bates Weston Corporate Finance, we will get to know you and your business, understand what you want to achieve, identify the right buyer and then structure and conclude your deal.
As a corporate finance team, we have been advising owners across a wide range of industries on sale for over 20 years. We have a national reach which includes sales to overseas buyers, quoted companies and private equity houses. Typical deal values range from £1m to £50m.
To prepare your business for sale you will need to think about these key questions. We will talk through the options with you.
- Is the timing right for my business and my industry sector?
- Is my business ready to sell?
- Could the business survive without me, or a key customer and would I be willing to stay on if a buyer wanted me to?
- What is the likely value and deal structure that can be achieved?
- What are the potential deal breakers?
- How can I limit legal exposure under the sale agreement?
Each sales process is based on a commercial approach. If we decide to work together, we will tailor this to your specific objectives, business and industry sector. A general overview of the process is outlined below:
- Agree a valuation target
- Prepare an information memorandum
- Identify and approach potential acquirers
- Manage the bidding process, culminating in agreeing the heads of terms with the preferred bidder
- Manage the due diligence process
- Liaise with your legal advisors and negotiate the contract
- Our specialist tax team provide personal and corporate tax support.
If you would like to discuss your own plans with our team, without obligation, please contact Chris Jones firstname.lastname@example.org.