In our experience, it is never too early to start discussing your options with an experienced advisor.
Finding the right advisors, those who understand you, your business and the specialist care market, with a track record for delivering a successful sale is crucial.
Our approach is straightforward. We take the time to understand you, your business, what you want to achieve and using our in-depth knowledge of your market, we will identify the right buyer and then structure and conclude your deal.
As a corporate finance team, we have been advising business owners, across the UK, for over 20 years. We have the advantage over many other advisors in the specialist healthcare sector as we maintain close contact with the potential buyers. This contact is both at board level and with their funders. This understanding of the buyers purchase criteria and goals makes us well placed to be able to drive multiples for your business and run the sale process effectively.
Our team are all chartered accountants, who have advised both large corporate and private equity funds on their acquisitions in the specialist care sector as well as advising owners on their sale.
To prepare your business for sale you will need to think about these key questions.
- Is the timing right within the sector?
- Consolidation of specialist care market
- Number of well funded trade buyers and private equity platforms
- Entrepreneurs relief
- Is my business ready to sell?
- CQC inspection outcomes
- Qualified & reliable staff team
- Occupancy levels and service user profiles including fee levels, age, length of stay and spread of local authorities
- Sustainable profitability
- Relationships with local authorities
- Could the business survive without me and would I be willing to stay on if a buyer wanted me to?
- Management structure
- Registered manager
- Responsible individual
- Your role
- Source of referrals
- Plans post sales (retirement, alternative projects)
- What is the likely value and deal structure that can be achieved?
- Cash on completion
- Earn out linked to ongoing role (may be to fill empty beds, open new units)
It is never too early to start planning for your ultimate exit. If you would like to discuss your own plans with our team, without obligation, please contact Chris Jones email@example.com.