Bates Weston is always on the look out for great bookkeepers to help us take care of our many SME and owner managed businesses. and we have a vacancy for a bookkeeping assistant.
Ideally we would like someone to join us full time and we would like you to have experience of working within an accountancy practice or to have been a self employed bookkeeper. It is your experience in taking care of a variety of businesses and your familiarity with cloud based accounting systems that are key.
Bates Weston is one of the regions leading firms of chartered accountants and tax advisors. We are a friendly bunch. There are about 70 of us, and we are based here in Derby. We take care of owner managed businesses, charities, not for profit organisations and schools and our job is simply to do all we can to make a difference to our clients.
Think you would fit in? Then please do get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
Here’s an overview of the role:
• provide a full bookkeeping service to clients
• monitor and resolve account enquiries
• prepare, review and submit VAT returns
• communicate with the client and senior managers on a regular basis
• ensure client information is processed efficiently and in a timely manner
Ideally you will be:
- an experienced Bookkeeper who has worked with a varied portfolio of clients within a Chartered accountancy practice or as a self-employed bookkeeper
- have good experience with cloud-based accounting packages, such as Xero and SAGE online
- be familiar with Excel and possess excellent IT skills
- be AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- be a clear and confident communicator.
If you are self-motivated, show initiative, have great attention to detail and thrive on working to time constraints and deadlines, this could be the role for you.
Please do get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org