Are you looking for your next career opportunity? We have a vacancy for a client portfolio manager to join our enthusiastic and friendly team. An experienced accountant, skilled in spotting and fixing problems for clients before they even know they have them, your client communication skills must match your accountancy skills.
Read on to find out more.
Vacancy for a Client Portfolio Manager
Bates Weston are a leading independent firm of Chartered Accountants, delivering practical financial and tax advice through our first-class service to owner managed businesses, charities, not for profit organisations and schools. We have amazing talent within the firm with opportunities available to all. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining existing and developing new client relationships, whilst controlling on an annual basis, the professional work required on a range of assignments.
About the role
This role would suit you if you are an experienced qualified accountant looking for your next challenge, especially If you enjoy helping to find solutions to client’s problems.
Managing the relationship with our clients, offering them complete end to end solutions involves regular liaison with them. As you grow into the role, we offer you the opportunity to manage a portfolio of client work, making you the clients’ first point of contact. We have a huge variety of exciting client opportunities we can offer you to develop your skills set and expertise.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, ensuring that their accounts and tax affairs are kept up to date and filing deadlines are met.
- Working with key stakeholders of a business to improve their management information.
- Review a business’ systems and processes to identify inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
- Review of single entity accounts prepared by members of the team.
- Managing an efficient process from start to finish, keeping both the client and internal management informed.
- Playing a key role in the development of more junior members of the team.
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer requirements.
- Experience of completing private company accounts and knowledge of disclosure requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of IRIS, Sage and Xero products or similar.
- Ability to prepare accounts for sole trader and partnerships and a basic understanding of the tax legislation for both.
- Experience of preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts for clients in a timely manner.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills, preferably an ACCA or ACA qualified accountant.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal effectively with a wide variety of different tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Proactive – takes responsibility and moves tasks forward.
- A positive attitude.
- Be happy to travel for work-based assignments as required.
- In time, to represent the practice by attending network functions & events.
- Assisting junior staff in their professional development.
- Liaising with the tax team and other specialists within the Bates Weston group as necessary.
- Assisting clients with tax planning.
- Attending CPD courses to maintain knowledge of Tax and Financial regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the firm’s standard processes are used in the production of accounts work in all aspects and for ensuring that technical standards are maintained.
- In time, to meet and engage with prospective clients.
- A salary circa £40,000 – £50,000 – dependent on experience and background- and a benefits package which includes non- contributory life assurance and flexible working patterns are on offer.
If you think you have the skills we are looking for, please apply below and if you have any questions for us, please email Gemma Thornley at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.