An exciting opportunity has arisen within the business for a ‘hands on’ HR generalist professional to work closely with the Partners of Bates Weston.
This is a stand-alone role and would suit applicants with a broad generalist HR background and proven generalist HR experience.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for all HR related issues within the business
- Be responsible for the full recruitment process, from identifying the job vacancy through to interview, placement and induction of all staff
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the HR function throughout the business, including staff absence management, HR admin and be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff in the business
- Be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Company’s Performance Appraisal process, including training appraisers and preparing all the relevant documentation and review the completed documents and address any issues raised in the process, including identifying training issues and any other HR matters
- Prepare all employment documents as required and ensure all documentation is up to date and compliant with UK employment law. This HR administration will include the revision and update of the Company’s staff handbook
- Deal with all disciplinary and grievance issues and act as HR representative at any disciplinary hearings and grievance meetings and prepare all relevant documentation as appropriate
- Be fully conversant in employment legislation and be able to advise the senior management team on all employment issues
- Be involved and ensure the improvement and implementation of all HR processes and procedures
- Work closely with the Training Manager for professional trainees and oversee all training needs and organising relevant training for all staff as directed by the Managing Partner
- Maintain all training records for staff and deal with all relevant training administration.
As the role develops and the job holder embraces the role, we would hope that the job holder may have the opportunity to act as an HR consultant/ advisor to clients of Bates Weston, who require employment law/HR support. This could involve advising on a variety of HR issues either at their offices or over the phone. This potential opportunity can be discussed at the interview process.
There are no direct reports to this role.
Who are we looking for:
- You will be an experienced and ‘hands-on’ generalist HR professional, with a broad skill set and have a proven track record of varied HR roles and be familiar with the professional office environment
- You must be CIPD qualified at Level 7
- A proactive individual who looks for improved ways of working and promote a good staff morale and working environment for all levels of personnel and who keeps up to date with HR working practices which are workable in a professional office
- A good communicator who can influence at all levels including the senior management team
- A car driver, with your own vehicle, willing to travel to external meetings as and when necessary.
What is on offer:
- An excellent working environment and a role for a highly motivated individual who wants to add value to a business
- Competitive salary which is based on experience
- Good holidays
- Death in service
- Pension (auto-enrolment)
- Car parking space
- Flexitime working; after a probationary period.
This role is office based, working Monday to Friday (inclusive). Ideally, we are looking for candidates wishing to work full time, however we will consider applicants who satisfy the above criteria and wish to work no less than 25 hours per week.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending an up to date CV and covering letter addressed to the Partner responsible for HR, detailing your current salary and why you think you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are shortlisted for the screening process, we intend to conduct an initial telephone interview. If successful, the next stage would be a face to face interview, including a personality profiling assessment to be completed, with a role play interview or HR scenario to discuss.
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and would relish this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.