The latest business and financial issues making the headlines.
- Over 10.7 million people submitted their 2019/20 return by the deadline.
- New rules set to take effect for construction from 1 March 2021.
- Will Chancellor Rishi Sunak raise taxes or maintain the status quo?
- The business group identified six elements to help firms prepare.
- The cash boost will be made available from 31 July 2021.
- Around four million UK workers were furloughed at the end of December.
- Around 15% of businesses are at “great risk” of imminent closure
- Employees’ salaries currently attract more in tax than self-employed individuals.
- Unemployment increased to 5% in the three months to November 2020.
- Fines to kick in after 28 February 2021.