Get to grips with VAT. Pay the right amount and time your payments to suit your business.
VAT can seem daunting. But help is at hand. Begin with whether your business should be VAT registered. We can help you look at the pros and cons. Bear in mind you may have to register if your business is over a certain size.
And if registration is required, which scheme is best for your business? How often should you complete your VAT returns? The right VAT scheme saves you time and money, we will help you find it.
For all VAT registered businesses, completing your VAT returns now involves keeping digital records, registering for HMRC’s Making Tax Digital for VAT service and filing your returns to HMRC through MTD for VAT compatible software. You can do this yourself, we can guide you through it, or if you would rather leave it all to us, we can complete your VAT returns for you.
Beyond day to day VAT accounting, our VAT advisory service can provide specialist guidance for land and property transactions, residential property, charities and not for profit organisations. We advise on VAT planning, improving cashflow, partial exemptions and reducing liabilities.
Our range of VAT services includes:
- Assessing the benefits and disadvantages to your business of being VAT registered
- Managing the VAT registration process
- Advising on the various VAT schemes available
- VAT returns preparation and compliance with HMRCs Making Tax Digital for VAT initiative
- Dealing with more complex VAT issues and transactions