Selling your business
You only sell your business once and preparation is everything. Finding the right advisors, those who understand you and your business with a track record for delivering a successful sale is crucial.
Getting to know you and your business, is our priority. Once we understand what you want to achieve, we can identify the right buyer and then structure and conclude your deal.
Are we the right advisors for you? Taking care of business owners is our speciality. We have been advising owners across a range of industries for more than 20 years. We have a national reach which includes sales to overseas buyers, quoted companies and private equity houses and typical deal values range from £1m to £50m. So, we have the experience, the proven track record and the networks to bring your sale to a successful conclusion.
But the sale itself, is the end of a process. The earlier you talk to us, if you are thinking of selling your business, the better. Here are some of the key issues we will help you to consider:
- Is the timing right for my business and my industry sector?
- Is my business ready to sell?
- Could the business survive without me, or a key customer and would I be willing to stay on if a buyer wanted me to?
- What is the likely value and deal structure that can be achieved?
- What are the potential deal breakers?
- How can I limit legal exposure under the sale agreement?
If we work together, we will tailor our approach to your objectives, business and industry sector, but the outline process includes:
- Agreeing a valuation target
- Preparing an information memorandum
- Identifying and approaching potential acquirers
- Managing the bidding process, culminating in agreeing the heads of terms with the preferred bidder
- Managing the due diligence process
- Liaising with your legal advisors and negotiating the contract
- Our specialist tax team providing personal and corporate tax support
To discuss your plans with our team, without obligation, please contact Chris Jones firstname.lastname@example.org.