The latest business and financial issues making the headlines.
- Temporary threshold in place until 1 January 2022.
- First-time buyers can get up to 20% off the cost of a new home.
- Borrowing hit its highest levels in October since records began in 1993.
- 500,000 referrals from the public offered fraudulent tax rebates.
- HMRC revealed potential designs of its MTD for the corporation tax system.
- Small businesses face a “hugely difficult” winter.
- 4,359 applications were received from employers across Great Britain.
- COVID-19 crisis leaves the sector at 4.53 million self-employed individuals.
- £14 billion could be raised by doubling rates and cutting exemptions.
- Borrowers’ support extends as the coronavirus crisis deepens.