“I chose a smaller, local accountancy firm as I felt they were able to offer a more personal service than the larger national firms….I have been impressed with their expertise, guidance and support.”
Lindsey Lester, Strategic Business Manager at St Martin’s Catholic School, commenting on her decision to appoint Bates Weston.
If your school is considering academy conversion we can guide you through the conversion process and can help you with the following:
- Address pre conversion issues including:
- Providing guidance on the obligations associated with the Teachers’ Pension Scheme and Local Government Pension Scheme
- Briefing Governors on financial reporting requirements faced by a new academy and the additional responsibilities of Academy Governors
- Explaining which services the Local Authority will remain responsible for and help you cost those services you can now buy direct from other suppliers (and from the Local Authority)
- Providing guidance on VAT and other tax issues
- Supporting the school in developing Service Level Agreements with new suppliers (including the trading services arm of Local Authority)
- Initial advice on the financial issues you may face
- Establish financial governance procedures during your first year
- A financial accounting service producing the Academy Trust accounts, financial statements and the AAR for the first accounting period ending 31 August
- An audit service
- Real Time Information (RTI) payroll service, including all end of year returns
You might like to start by taking a look at our conversion planner. If you would like a copy, please call Lisa Broadhead 01332 365855 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss how we may be able to help your school, please call Wayne Thomas on 01332 365855 or email email@example.com.