Do you need an audit or an independent examination? It largely depends on the size of your charity, your legal status and your governing documents. We know the details and we’ll tell you what your options are.
If you need our audit service, we plan and conduct your audit, using staff trained and experienced in charity audits. You’ll know when to expect us, what we need and when you can expect your report. During your audit, we will assess risk, raise issues and make suggestions. We want to make a difference to your organisation, so if we spot better ways of doing things, we will let you know.
But we don’t just want to be your auditor. For many of our charities, we act as a sounding board for all of their financial issues. That’s the way we both like it. We’re kept in the loop and they know we can help them with financial issues.
Here’s what one or our 35 charities has to say:
“We have been working with Bates Weston for over ten years. They have provided fantastic support and when necessary acted as a critical friend. Over the past couple of years, during a very challenging time for charities, Bates Weston have been there to provide the utmost professional service. Their knowledge of the charities sector is extensive, and they are able to make complex financial issues readily understandable.”
The Enthusiasm Trust
If you need an independent examination (IE) our approach is the same. We’ll plan thoroughly so you can be well prepared for our visit. We follow the Charity Commission guidelines (CC32) before producing your Independent Examination report.
We value continuity, so you’ll see the same partner each year. With over 75 trained staff, covering audit, accountancy, and tax we have the capacity and the capability to take care of you.
Whether you need audit or IE, we’re happy to offer a stand-alone service, but we can help with:
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Maintaining statutory registers
- Preparing and filing Annual Confirmation Statement
- Tax compliance service
- VAT support
THE SMALL PRINT – AUDIT REGULATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- The firm is authorised to conduct audits by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales in the UK and is compliant with all regulations in force including the Companies Act 2006, International Standard on Quality Control 1(UK and Ireland) 2010
- Our Quality Control Policy document details our procedures regarding documentation, leadership, ethical requirements, acceptance and continuance, HR, engagement performance and monitoring quality control
- All staff are qualified or training under an accredited training scheme, and undergo continuous professional development
- To comply with audit ethics Bates Weston Audit Limited has the necessary degree of separation from Bates Weston LLP, segregating appropriate staff