Inheritance Tax, Wills and Probate
These are difficult subjects, but a common goal for many of our clients is the desire to safeguard their wealth and live within their means during their lifetime, and pass on their wealth to future generations in a tax efficient manner.
As such Inheritance tax (IHT) planning and Trust and Estates services have long been part of the service we offer to our clients.
What has changed?
Recently, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), has become an approved regulator and licensing authority for probate work in England and Wales and Bates Weston is one of the few accountancy firms that is now licensed to carry out such probate work.
What does this mean?
This means that Bates Weston is now licensed to write Wills, administer estates and apply for probate, allowing us to continue to support our clients and their family through difficult times.
What can we offer you?
- Partner led service supported by a multi-disciplined team that will be allocated according to your specific requirements
- Will writing and preparation and registration of Powers of Attorney
- Trustee and executor services
- Probate and estate administration including distribution of assets
- Trust creation, annual compliance and support for trustees and beneficiaries of both onshore and offshore trusts
- Use of trusts and other vehicles for asset protection
- Inheritance tax planning including tax efficient gifting and philanthropy
- Consideration of your pension entitlements under proposed UK legislation
- Financial planning strategies including use of life insurance, certain shares and trusts to provide IHT efficiencies
If you would like us to review your Will, talk to us about safeguarding and passing on your wealth in a tax efficient manner and easing the administration for your beneficiaries, please do call Ian Neal on 01332 365855 or email at email@example.com.Bates Weston Probate is a trading name of Bates Weston LLP. Bates Weston LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership. Registered in England and Wales OC361828. Registered Office: The Mills, Canal Street, Derby DE1 2RJ. A full list of members can be found at the office. Regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Bates Weston Probate is licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England and Wales.