The Help To Grow: Digital Government support scheme helps SMEs to grow and create jobs through adopting digital technologies. The scheme opened on 20 January 2022 and allows eligible businesses to take advantage of up to 50% discounts (worth up to £5,000) for the first 12 months when buying approved CRM, Accounting or Ecommerce software from leading technology suppliers.
The scheme also allows businesses to access free and impartial advice on how to select the right digital technologies, through a dedicated government operated online platform. The platform also allows businesses to compare the available software features.
More information on the scheme can be found here.
To be eligible for the scheme your business must:
- have a registered office in the UK and be registered at the relevant Companies House or be a registered society listed on the Financial Conduct Authority’s Mutuals Register
- have been actively trading for over 12 months prior to the date of application and have an incorporation date of, at minimum, 365 days prior to the date of application
- have a total of between 5 and 249 employees
- be purchasing the approved software for the first time
The person applying for the discount must be:
- aged 18 or over
- an employee of the business
- authorised to agree to the terms and conditions on behalf of the business
- able to confirm receipt of the financial discount will not cause the business to exceed the total threshold for Small Amounts of Financial Assistance or De Minimis (subsidy control) that they are entitled to receive over a 3-year period
Stuart Hulland, Partner at Bates Weston comments:
“We use software extensively within our own business and have encouraged our clients to make the most of the advantages digital record keeping can bring. Digital record keeping is mandated for the Making Tax Digital initiative for VAT from April 2022, and Income Tax Self-Assessment (for those with business and/or property income in excess of £10,000) from April 2024. The Help To Grow: Digital scheme offers a way for businesses who have not yet made a move towards digital record keeping to do so, with financial support from the Government. It also offers support for those who wish to develop Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems or Ecommerce solutions as part of their growth plans.
If your business is looking to innovate and grow, particularly by taking advantage of digital technologies, then this scheme may provide helpful financial support.
Find out more about Bates Weston’s business advisory service to see how we can help with your growth plans.