This evening the Prime Minister asked us all to do our part in these extraordinary times. Specifically he asked us all to stay at home.
We are all only to leave our homes for the following very limited reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
- one form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household;
- any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
- travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
To ensure compliance with this instruction to stay at home, the Government will immediately:
- close all shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores and other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship;
- stop all gatherings of more than two people in public – excluding people you live with;
- stop all social events, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, but excluding funerals.
In light of these announcements, to continue to support our clients to the best of our ability, we will have to extend our working from home arrangements. We will contact clients using email and our website to advise of revised working arrangements tomorrow.