You only sell your business once and preparation is everything.
Finding the right advisors, those who understand you, your business and the specialist care market, with a track record for delivering a successful sale is crucial.
At Bates Weston Corporate Finance, we will get to know you and your business, understand what you want to achieve, identify the right buyer and then structure and conclude your deal.
As a corporate finance team, we have been advising owners of specialist care businesses for over 20 years. We have a national reach which includes sales to trade buyers and private equity houses. Typical deal values range from £1m to £50m and we successfully complete 95% of all instructions we receive to sell.
To prepare your business for sale you will need to think about these key questions.
- Is the timing right within the sector?
- Is my business ready to sell?
- Could the business survive without me and would I be willing to stay on if a buyer wanted me to?
- What is the likely value and deal structure that can be achieved?
It’s never too early to start planning for your ultimate exit. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the above considerations with you and how these can be addressed.
Each sales process is based on a commercial approach.
If we decide to work together, we will tailor this to your specific objectives and business. A general overview of the process is outlined below:
- Agree a valuation target
- Prepare an information memorandum
- Identify and approach potential acquirers
- Manage the bidding process, culminating in agreeing the heads of terms with the preferred bidder
- Manage the due diligence process
- Liaise with your legal advisors and negotiate the contract
- Ensure that our specialist tax team provide personal and corporate tax support.