The latest business and financial issues making the headlines.
- Government urges restaurants to claim back discounts.
- Increased demand outweighs usual summer slump.
- Final chance for self-employed people to claim support.
- New £20m Government grant covers accountancy fees.
- 1.2 million businesses receive coronavirus support loans.
- Economy shrinks by 20.4% in Q2 2020.
- Over-65s most likely to be affected by job losses.
- More job cuts expected by the autumn.
- Housing secretary aims to tackle rising house prices.
- Bank of England’s first forecast since the pandemic hit.