The latest business and financial issues making the headlines.
- A break for most high earners, but does it go far enough?
- Measures introduced to stem coronavirus impact.
- Chancellor announces reform to controversial relief.
- Paper returns need to be downloaded or requested.
- Treasury expects to net £15.7bn in 2023/24.
- Rules for food and drink ‘overly complex’.
- Latest GDP figures released.
- Stamp duty land tax surcharge on non-UK residents With effect from 1 April 2021, a 2% stamp duty land tax surcharge will apply to non-UK residents purchasing residential property in England and Northern Ireland. Stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax On...
- Corporation tax The main rate of corporation tax will now remain at 19% from 1 April 2020, despite original plans to reduce this to 17%. This remains the lowest headline rate in the G20. Additionally, it was announced that the main rate of corpo...
- The key personal announcements revealed in the Chancellor’s speech on 11 March 2020.