The latest business and financial issues making the headlines.
- Business leaders and industry groups in united call ahead of Budget 2019.
- Over 80% of VAT-registered firms have signed up.
- ABI calls for age to rise from 55 to 57.
- Self-employed ‘face bleak later years’ due to lack of products.
- HMRC continues to rake in record sums of inheritance tax.
- Up to 3,000 annual claims made through IHT38 forms.
- Rising automation ‘a risk to young workers’.
- The average funeral cost £4,721 in 2018.
- Most savers question if they’re saving enough.
- Decision expected by mid-November.